National Situational Update on COVID-19. Data as of 15th June 2020
1. One individual returning from the middle east tested positive for COVID-19 taking the cumulative total for confirmed cases to 67 and the total under isolation to 19.
The Ministry of Health strongly urges all Bhutanese especially those residing in the southern border towns to practice effective physical distancing, good personal hygiene and proper cough etiquette, at all times.
Definition facility type:
a. Isolation: Isolation is basically a facility where the confirmed positive cases are kept under observation or treated after they are confirmed as positive. The isolation facility is usually a hospital except the RIGSS hostel in the case of Phuentsholing.
b. De-Isolation: De-Isolation is the 2 week long period where a confirmed positive case is kept under further observation after they test negative twice (24 hours apart) while they are in isolation. The De-Isolation facility is usually a tourist-grade hotel.
Definition of transmission type:
1. No cases: Countries/territories/areas with no confirmed cases (not shown in table)
2. Sporadic cases: Countries/territories/areas with one or more cases, imported or locally detected
3. Clusters of cases: Countries/territories/areas experiencing cases, clustered in time, geographic location and/or by common exposures
4. Community transmission: Countries/area/territories experiencing larger outbreaks of local transmission defined through an assessment off actors including, but not limited to:
-Large numbers of cases not link-able to transmission chains
-Large numbers of cases from sentinel lab surveillance