The Ministry of Health is pleased to announce the availability of the following MD Programs under RGoB Scholarship for the FY 2022-2023 intake:
|Sl#||Field of study||KGUMSB||Ex-country (SEA Region)|
|1||MD Emergency Medicine||2|
|2||MD General Practice||2|
|6||MD Orthopaedic Surgery||2|
|7||MD Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)||1|
|11||MD Lay Nga||1|
|12||MD Tshub Ched||1|
|15||MD Clinical Oncology||1|
|16||MD Clinical Pathology||1|
|17||MD Transfusion Medicine||1|
|18||MD Clinical Microbiology||1|
- Eligibility Criteria
- Should fulfil all eligibility criteria specified in Section 9.7.3, where applicable;
- Should have a bachelor’s degree at the time of entry into civil service or be selected through BCSE;
- Have completed a minimum of one year of service as of 30June 2022 for Sl. No. 1-10 & 13-20;
- Have completed a minimum of three years of service including probation for Sl. No. 11, 12 & 21as of 30 June 2022;
- Clean service record; and
- Civil servants applying for the scholarship and the agency nominating the candidate must ensure the applicant fulfils all the relevant eligibility criteria prescribed in the BCSR 2018.
- System-generated Information
Following information/documents shall be generated from ZESt and DMS/PF for shortlisting. Therefore, interested candidates need to verify the information by logging into the Self Service Portal, ZESt at https://zest.rcsc.gov.bt within the scholarship application deadline:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Moderation score/Performance Evaluation Ratings (IWP) for the past two financial years;
- Email address and mobile number; and
- Place of posting detail for rural posting weightage.
- Documents required while applying
- No Objection Certificate from the Dzongkhag HRC (Health facilities under Dzongkhag Administration) and Hospital HRC (JDWNRH, CRRH, ERRH, Gidakom, Phuntsholing, and Deothang Hospital); and
- Academic transcripts & certificate
○ Bachelor’s degree: Copy of Certificate and Transcript
○ Class XII: Copy of Certificate and Transcript.
- Application procedure and deadline
- Interested applicants must submit the above documents using the following link within 12 July 2022:
- Shortlist and Selection procedure
- ● Shortlisting will be done as per BCSR 2018 (Form 9/9);
- Entrance/selection examination for all MD Programs except MD Implant will be conducted by KGUMSB;
- ● Selection of candidates for both ex-country and in-country will be purely based on merit ranking of the entrance examination/selection result;
- ● Selection of candidates for the unfilled slot will also be based on merit ranking of the entrance examination in case the candidates don’t get selected for the first preferred field of study;
- Candidates must seek admission (ex-country) in the reputed medical universities/institutes that are recognized by accreditation bodies or International Accreditation Councils; and
- Candidates will have to secure admission (ex-country) in the South-East Asia Region and commence the course latest by 30 June 2023 failing which the candidature and RGoB Scholarship will be canceled.
- Post-selection procedure
Upon confirmation of admission, the selected candidate shall submit the following documents to the HR Division, Ministry of Health one/two months prior to the course commencement date:
- Offer letter;
- Course content;
- Course fee structure (ex-country);
- Letter of Good Standing from Bhutan Medical & Health Council;
- Valid Security clearance reference no. and date;
- Valid Audit clearance for Studies reference no. and date (attach offer letter as evidence document);
- Medical Fitness certificate; and
- LTT Nomination Application Form 9/7.
As per clause 9.7.4 of the BSCR 2018, a candidate shall not be eligible when:
- Discontinued a previously nominated training program for reasons within one’s control;
- Availed a maximum of three in-service long-term training in the entire service period;
- Nominated/short-listed for another training program;
- On EoL, Maternity Leave, Medical Escort Leave, Medical Leave;
- On Secondment;
- On contract Service; and
- Fails mandatory drug test.
- Selected candidates shall be required to take a drug test and will have to pass the test to be eligible for the scholarship;
- Only those candidates who are committed to this scholarship should apply. If a candidate withdraws after the announcement of the interview result, the candidate shall be liable for HR action;
- Applications received without the endorsement of the agency HRC and with incomplete documents will not be accepted for the purpose of shortlisting.
- The selected candidate upon successful completion of the MD program will be deployed to health facilities across the country as per the need of the Ministry.