National situational update on COVID-19. Data as of 7th June 2020.
1. A total of 11 new cases have been confirmed in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative total cases in the country to 59. All 11 have been detected while under quarantine and are returnees from the middle east.
2. Two individuals have been moved from an isolation to de-isolation facility upon testing negative twice, taking the total under de-isolation to 23.
3. Three individuals are being declared as recovered after completing their 2 weeks de-isolation period and testing negative on RT-PCR. This takes the total cumulative figure for recovered to 14.
Definition facility type:
a. Isolation: Isolation is basically a facility where the confirmed positive cases are kept under observation or treated after they are confirmed as positive. The isolation facility is usually a hospital except the RIGSS hostel in the case of Phuentsholing.
b. De-Isolation: De-Isolation is the 2 week long period where a confirmed positive case is kept under further observation after they test negative twice (24 hours apart) while they are in isolation. The De-Isolation facility is usually a tourist-grade hotel.
Definition of transmission type:
1. No cases: Countries/territories/areas with no confirmed cases (not shown in table)
2. Sporadic cases: Countries/territories/areas with one or more cases, imported or locally detected
3. Clusters of cases: Countries/territories/areas experiencing cases, clustered in time, geographic location and/or by common exposures
4. Community transmission: Countries/area/territories experiencing larger outbreaks of local transmission defined through an assessment off actors including, but not limited to:
-Large numbers of cases not link-able to transmission chains
-Large numbers of cases from sentinel lab surveillance
-Multiple unrelated clusters in several areas of the country/territory/area