National Situational Update on COVID-19. Data as of 10th June 2020
1. Three individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative total of positive cases to 62. All three are returnees from the middle-east and they were under facility quarantine.
***With the recent detection of COVID-19 cases in neighboring towns in the south, the Ministry of Health would like to urge Bhutanese living in the southern border towns to strictly:
a. Practice effective physical/social distancing,
b. Maintain good personal hygiene, and
c. Practice proper cough etiquette.
Definition facility type:
a. Isolation: Isolation is basically a facility where the confirmed positive cases are kept under observation or treated after they are confirmed as positive. The isolation facility is usually a hospital except the RIGSS hostel in the case of Phuentsholing.
b. De-Isolation: De-Isolation is the 2 week long period where a confirmed positive case is kept under further observation after they test negative twice (24 hours apart) while they are in isolation. The De-Isolation facility is usually a tourist-grade hotel.
Definition of transmission type:
1. No cases: Countries/territories/areas with no confirmed cases (not shown in table)
2. Sporadic cases: Countries/territories/areas with one or more cases, imported or locally detected
3. Clusters of cases: Countries/territories/areas experiencing cases, clustered in time, geographic location and/or by common exposures
4. Community transmission: Countries/area/territories experiencing larger outbreaks of local transmission defined through an assessment off actors including, but not limited to:
-Large numbers of cases not link-able to transmission chains
-Large numbers of cases from sentinel lab surveillance