In view of increasing confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) being reported from many other countries, the Ministry of Health would like to reinforce the following measures:
- Bhutanese travelers to:
- Bhutanese to avoid unessential travel or postpone travel to the affected countries until the outbreak is contained.
- In case of unavoidable travel (to reduce the risk of infection) travelers should:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections
- Practice frequent hand washing, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment
- Avoid close contact with live or dead farm or wild animals
- Travelers with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette.
- Maintain distance
- Cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing
- Wash hands with soap and water
Tourists and Bhutanese arriving Bhutan:
- Travelers with travel history to the affected countries are requested to report to the health desk at the point of entry
- Travelers with one or more of the following symptoms with travel history to affected countries within 14 days are requested to report to the nearest health centers or call 112;
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Any travelers entering Bhutan with travel history to affected countries fulfilling the suspected case definition will be quarantined for 14 days on arrival to Bhutan.
- Preventive measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus infection:
- Practice basic hand hygiene: Washing hand with soap and water before eating and touching mouth and nose
- Practice respiratory hygiene: Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or handkerchief
- Avoid unnecessary contact with live animal
- Wash hands thoroughly after contact with an animal
- Cook meat and eggs thoroughly before consuming